Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fu Nian

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR~!! "Fu" - Meaning tiger in Chinese but it can also mean bitter. I'm no superstitious but a year of bitter-ness?? I'd better hope not. My last year of school better be a great one!

Its kinda cool that Valentine this year falls on the Lunar New Year - a incident that according to the newspaper will only happen again 40 years later....aparently So in the spirit of the holidays I wish you all *you there reading this* very Happy Valentine. Even though memories of you may deteriorate (seriously I'm not joking, I have terrible memory)but you will always be in my heart.


Speaking in a more serious note I feel like compared to my mother's side, my relationship with my father's side cousins are restricted to recent news, latest events & polite smiles. We just aren't as close as we were many years ago. I wonder what'll happen when my parents aren't around anymore...Somehow things at my mother's side is more lively =P

Anyway this year for new year our family is doing steamboat here at home. My brother especially loved it - pigeon eggs. Tomorrow would be even better with cousins from my mother side joining in...

Its been awhile my mother has received overnight guests for the holidays so I'm pretty psyched up to see them. They'll be here for about two days and then we'll all go and meet up with the rest of my cousins in Lumut.

May all my friends pockets be filled with loads of angpau this year. Happy Holidays

No comments: