Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Afternoon Tea @ 1837 TWG Tea, Pavillion

Between our busy lives, a gathering between us girls have been long overdue. The last time we met was months ago when one of the girls returned from her holiday - and its my turn now. Since neither of us have tried having 'afternoon tea' we decided to give this place a try. Maybe it's our lucky day but on that day there wasn't a queue there at all. 

TWG Pavillion
Relaxing atmosphere~
Entering the salon, we were gently ushered to our table. With the sparkling silverware and relaxing atmosphere it was like entering a different world. Ordering however was not an easy feat as they have over 450 blends of tea and we were absolutely clueless to begin with. The employees there were very attentive and understandingly did not hurry our order.

Since there were four of us, we decided to order two Chic Sets (Rm39.50) - each which comes with our choice TWG tea blend, selection of 3 finger sandwiches and choice of 2 scones or muffins; the basic 1837 Set (Rm26.50) and later a additional ala-carte selection of tea (Rm19). Although the pots look large don't be fooled as there isn't much inside and because the tea leaves have been removed 'for a more consistent experience', refilling is not an option. 

However this is just the easy part. The next part is to choose WHICH tea blends to have...O__O||| Though my friends have quickly decided on which to have, I was still undecided. The waiter recommended their 1837 signature tea to go with my order and I have to agree with him as it is really aromatic (smells somewhat sweet?) with  a slight sour finish. To me this blend taste better with a teaspoon of sugar though one of the girls reckoned that its sweet enough already :P

TWG Pavillion
Absolutely delicious ^^
The sandwiches was nothing to shout about but the scones were lovely especially when paired with the jelly and whipping cream. The chocolate muffins however can be rather filling. We divided the 2 muffins among the four of us and its plenty - at least to me. Speaking from a person who does not like chocolate, I find the taste pleasant - not too chocolatey that I would find it cloying but just right. 

We had a pleasant time spending nearly 4 hours just sipping tea, talking and enjoying the atmosphere till we did not realise that much time has passed. I'm surprised they didn't kick us out as our table has been cleared ages ago. >.<  All in all our average bill was Rm40 per person. A little pricey since it could buy a nice meal in a restaurant but I suppose its fine once in a while. I would like to try their cakes next time though. ^^

1 comment:

carmensakura said...

hehehe. You are kinda becoming a food blog now and I think that is totally cool.

Anyhow, I do think your tea was already sweet. lol. A little too sweet for me actually.

If you do want to go back there for tea, I won't mind. I love tea so I'm good for tea anytime. xDD