Monday, April 26, 2010

The day has Come.

Today was really exhilarating~!! I didn't know debate would be this challenging & fun. Well for most of us, this is our maiden debate.

It was quite hyped out, Arts 1 are going against Science 1. The motion was "This house believes that advertisement brings more harm than good." and I am the 2nd opposition speaker.

The result was close, lost by 2 points. Even so, some think that the judges were bias. During the debate, Science 1 had "informants" which was illegal. They weren't suppose to have extra people helping them during the debate!!

Point 2, During POI, twice they have overstepped their boundaries by arguing with me AFTER stating their point of information. Third, the 3rd speaker has brought up a NEW point when she was supposed to do only REBUTTALS which was again against the rule.

I didn't know how the finals went, but its gotta be amazing because the motion was really difficult. "This house should abolish death penalty"...or something like that. Debate is really thrilling. I wanted to go back there and re-do it but what is bygone is bygone so whatever.

I really salute those debaters. I myself find it hard to keep a level head and also remember what the opponent say and also what your team mates mentioned. I find myself losing track on what I was supposed to say XD

Congrats to the winning team~!! ^^

No comments: