Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hearts Desire

Eversince I could remember, whenever I did well in my studies I would look forward for trips to the department store. I would then be allowed to choose a small gift for myself. My parents believed then that hard work should be rewarded and this is something that I have continued until now with my own finances.

In the year 2014, instead of a reasolution, this year, I've decided to compile a list of items that I would want to own in time.

1) LUNCH BOX & BENTO SET - I like making my own lunches and I am a self-admit addict when it comes to these bento-making sets. I can't resist putting my hands on one of these whenever I enter Daiso and it doesn't help with Daiso popping up like mushrooms. :D


2) TUMBLERS - People who know me can attest that I drink water and lots of it. I really like those novelty tumblers. The creativity in them is just astounding. But its hard for me to buy it sometimes because I can't bear to use them if its too pretty. For me it has to be pretty and yet plain enough for everyday use.


3) HAND CREAM - These are my guilty pleasure. I buy them for the packaging and I just love the scents that hand creams comes with. Sometimes they are too pretty to be used but with my line of work where cuts, burns and dry hands are normal, you can see why I like it don't you.


4) LIP GLOSS, LIP TINTS etc - If I had to select my favourite part of my face, I would select my lips. Its not that I have beautiful lips but simply became the easiest to accent since my eyes are forever hidden behind my glasses and nor do I have those enviable korean flawless complection. I am embarased to say I own more lip glosses, lip sticks, lip balms that I could ever wear (afterall we only have one lips) and yet I am always tempted whenever I pass through the cosmetics section. There is always a colour that I  haven't had yet. :P


5) MUSIC BOX - Its a little unusual but I especially like those that double as a jewelry box. Maybe its partly of its calming effect and that nostalgia it evokes.



6) BRACELETS -  If you would ask me I will always favor bracelets compared to anyother jewelry. This is partly of my impossibly skinny wrists makes bracelets practically impossible (they either slip down my hands or go all the way to my armpits :P) Dainty and yet understated. Just my style.



7) SNACKS - Unlike most girls I don't really like chocolates but I could never have enough of seaweed and chips. My addiction is till the extend of me requesting that as my birthday gift. I just love seaweed and also chips. Just the perfect combination XD I know they're cheap but they won't be cheap any longer if you eat them everyday. I wish I had an unlimited supply



Its a little late as always for my first post for this year but well better late then never. :D and as it is Chinese New Year I would like to wish you all Gong Hey Fatt Choy~!! 

No comments: