Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rekindled

It seems to me that blogging ideas comes more easily during the night usually right before I sleep. The problem with this is that I usually forget what I wanted to blog about or if I do remember then I probably lost the flow of it all together. I can only do things once. Once I've done it even if it were in my head I can't exactly re-create it with the same feeling unless I somehow manage to record my thoughts before it disappears. This makes for quite alot of un-completed and un-posted blog posts. Some suggestions on this would be appreciated but on to my topic today.

In preparation for my upcoming trip I'm now the proud owner of Nikon Coolpix P330. Tada~
The reason I selected this camera out of multitudes of others (and paid a great deal more) is because of the manual capabilities - which I'm trying hard to learn. I want to take gorgeous photos and I want to be able to control it and not be at the mercy of the camera instead - which is the problem of my current nearly 10-year-old Olympus. 

After high school I somewhat lost interest in photography (and quite a lot of my other hobbies - eg. writing) for a bit partly due to my outdated gear and the lack of supportive friends. However, researching how exactly to use each mode (I just love AV mode the best) and learning what the heck are stuff like ND filters, Active D-Lightings (sorry if I'm a noob but things like this never came with auto =.=) makes things so much more interesting. The multitudes of websites, guides and blogs available is just awesome. There area also photography magazines which I could download (for free) which had tons of beginner tips.

There is just so much to learn and I hope that college has a real photography club since I saw a couple of kids running around with dslrs. I apparently have the amazing luck of consistently joining a dead club. Any club I join seems to be dead. To proof it I've been a girl guide my entire schooling life but I've never even passed the pre-preparatory grade. This means that technically I'm not allowed to even wear their uniform. The clubs I joined at my various schools either had too many people to effectively do anything or we had not enough people to meet the min requirement for anything. Such a bummer.

Well cross my fingers and I'll hope for better luck in college since I'm supposed to be joining something to get curricular points.  

1 comment:

carmensakura said...

I'm glad that you are blogging more now.

Hopefully, this is a permanent thing.