Thursday, October 20, 2011

Uncertainty of the Heart

"It sucks when you know that you need to let go, but you can't because you're still waiting for the impossible to happen."
You were my first friend in a strange place. I wondered if things did change that much. Saying hello to you and yet you won't even meet my eye. Was it me? I want to know - I really do - your reason.

Even though knowing will put me at ease. Yet a part of me doesn't want to ask. It feels like by confronting you -  my fears will somehow be realised. Is it really al right to allow everything to just drift away?
"Moving on is hard. Knowing when to move on is harder."
Yesterday we were best friends, Today I was suddenly a nobody. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't even done anything. Why? I really didn't think you were that sort of a person...but maybe you were. I just never realised.

I'm tired. I really feel tired - anticipating your feelings, trying hard to maintain something that was already falling apart. Do you know that? You were an important part of my life. I won't deny that but I also won't deny that it was also you who single handedly took everything apart.
"If someone came into your life but for some reason couldn't stay...just be glad that your paths crossed and somehow even for a moment you were happy."
This is how I choose to remember you by - friend, sisters, group mates, my first friend here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get how you feel because I've been feeling these way for quite some time too.

At the same time, it's never too late for anything. (Tuesdays with Morrie thought me that)

Ask that person.

Maybe even start over.

However,when you ask that person and they want to move on & has that stated clearly, then, you have to let them go.

Then, you'll just have to move on.

But if you never ask, you'll never know.