Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sister Before, Now but Nevermore

"Letting go doesn't means giving up, it means accepting some thing that were never meant to be."
We used to be sisters - you said we'll be sisters forever. What a joke. I should have listened to my heart and yet I choose to trust you. Yet I somehow knew that this wouldn't last.

We used to speak of anything and everything under the sky. We spoke easily without reservation. The friendship we've built...it felt like it'll last forever. I guess you're no different.

I was happy for you when you've found your partner - truly happy and you assured me that you'll always be there. Things will not have changed so much that no matter what happens we'll always be sisters. Or so you said.

As the gap widened I tried to prevail against it but who am I to fight against nature. Does having someone special means forgoing everything you once had? It is inevitable but I feel like I don't know who you are anymore.

She was a strong, brave and so I thought she'd be different - different from other love struck girls. And yet day by day, slowly she was starting to lose a little of herself to him. I fear, one day there'll be none of herself left.

It occurred to me how far apart we've grown. I know that I should talk to you and ask you how you've been. I tried once, twice but I'm not going to ask for a third time. This time I've decided to let you go. You'll hardly notice. But one day, if you're in need of a friend, a shoulder - I'll always be here.

You don't know me anymore and its okay. I understand things are different now. I wish you all the best in love, luck and dreams - Sisters now and always.
"I've learned that things change, people change and it doesn't mean that you're forgetting the past of covering up. It simply means that you've learned to treasure the memories and move on." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People change and that's life.

As long as you'll be there for this person, then it's good.

And maybe, in the future, she'll realize that you were a great friend and perhaps, she'll come running back?

Who knows? But all I can say is, C'est la vie~! We'll just have to cope.