Monday, December 31, 2012

Confessions of a Mela-Choleric

Its the end of the year. 
Much has happened good and bad. Looking back I realised that a lot have changed. Some I may or may not have realised yet.



For this year - for the first time I found a resolution for me to keep - something personal. Reasons being that upon reflecting back I realise that I am a pessimist. I'm proud, vain, stubborn - features that I'm not proud to admit. There are much to be thankful of and I did not. 

I chanced upon a personality quiz a month ago and I was stunned on how closely it matched me. Here are some snippets

 "...prefers to work alone, rather than with people."

"...your weaknesses include a tendency of excessive self-criticism and criticism of others, being dismissive or overly judgemental  and possessing an untrustful and controlling nature." 

"...can become a cross to those around him, through his nit-picking, perfectionism, disdain, bitterness, resentfulness, spitefulness when crossed, and even haughtiness."

These are issues that I've been struggling with this year. Trust is very hard to give and as much as I try, I demand too much from others and I become frustrated and disappointed when they fail. I am also exhausted as I find it hard to let go.

Problem issues isn't it?

However, next year will be a fresh beginning, a new one and also my final semester. A year that I intend to treasure. One where I could try to change for the better. 
I won't promise anything but I will do my best.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May 2013 be a better year for all of us.

Ouch, did you realize all that issues suddenly?

Hmm...now you see why I'm addicted to quizzes. There's just something about them.
But I recommend the carl jung quiz. The one that give you alphabets. Like, I'm an ENFP.

Well, these issues are issues that you have to deal with but remember, to take it easy and move on.

For personality, there is no right or wrong personality. As long as you are nice to people, people will be nice to you. That's what I believe and so far, I haven't been proven wrong. And it's all about balance. Have enough of the right stuff.

For me, I would say 2012 was a great year for me and hopefully, 2013 would be even greater~!

I don't know if this will work for you but this is what helped me when I get so pissed that I want to smack them so hard.

Acceptance.

Yea, accept people as who they are. No more, no less.

Keep an open heart and an open mind. You'll be surprised where it takes you~!